The Bethlehem Police Mounted Patrol Unit currently is stabled at a historic Moravian homestead in a barn from the 1870’s. While historic and quaint, the stable and surrounding facilities do not allow for proper care and turnout of the police horses. Lack of warm water, proper training space, and adequate grass turnout can create health issues for the unit’s horses and increases preparation time before the unit patrols or attends community events.
The Bethlehem Mounted Patrol Unit Stable Facility
An updated Stable Facility will include:
- Eight Acres of dedicated grass turnout including access to the stable structure’s open shed area for cover shelter while turned out in inclement weather
- Warm Water which will allow for the use of a horse wash and groom stall with drying lamps for bathing horses during cool temperatures
- Washer and Dryer to facilitate the cleaning and disinfecting of horse saddle pads and turnout blankets
- Spare Horse Stalls to accommodate peer Mounted Units during Unit sponsored training classes and when assisting the Bethlehem Mounted Unit during events such as Musikfest
- Training Arena will provide a safe, controlled environment for the Unit to hold basic equitation training along with regional mounted police training
- Meeting Space for the Unit to host educational programming such as “Operation Hay (Horses and Youth)” a children’s educational program where they learn about police horses and mounted police work
- Climate Controlled Storage which will minimize the wear and tear of equipment and extend its life
About “A Stable Future” Campaign
- “A Stable Future” Campaign will build on the Unit’s community support network and promote Public/Private cooperation while improving the quality of life for Pharaoh, George, Asa, and Grey.
- The campaign will be run by the Friends of the Bethlehem Mounted Police, a 501(C)(3) not for profit corporation
- Naming opportunities and sponsorships will be available for various components of the facility including, but not limited to, naming rights for the stable itself along with stall sponsors, arena sponsors, turnout sponsors, and sponsors for the meeting room
- The campaign will include an endowment to ensure costs associated with yearly maintenance and upkeep, along with operational costs, are covered for years to come.
We are grateful for financial support, both large and small, to help ensure a successful campaign for construction of a new stable facility. Naming opportunities and sponsorships are available. For more information about these opportunities, please click HERE or on the “A Stable Future” Capital Campaign tab on the top of the page.